Friday, December 7, 2012

Blog Response

This is in response to Tammy Meneses' post about paperwork.  I would say I second the notion of the amount of paper work associated with special education, but it has already been seconded and third, etc.  Seriously, there is a ton of paperwork when dealing with IEPs.  A majority of my IEPs, as I'm sure is the case with everyone, seem to fall in November and April.  I have been told this is because the students are usually tested right after school starts and right after state assessments.  Whether that is the case or just coincidence I have definitely honed my time management skills during the months of November and April.  There is a lot of paper work and in my opinion some of it seems redundant, but it is also necessary to ensure the student is getting his or her needs met as well as if the student is making adequate progress or if a change in the IEP is warranted.  Hopefully, we as special education teachers continue to work together to help make meeting the needs of our students more efficient thus requiring less paperwork.  Maybe.
 

1 comment:

  1. It's tough to balance administrative duties with your "people" duties. I have tons of paperwork to complete with my jobs. Luckily I have a counterpart who helps split the duties but once in a while one of us takes vacation and the other is left to tread water

    ReplyDelete

This is a joint conversation between members
of the two sections VA and VB of the Fort Hays
Virtual College course TESP 320, fall 2012. We
are discussing our interview projects.